HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Powerbelts
Thread: Powerbelts
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:55 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Powerbelts

ORIGINAL: pineywoods

it is a .50 cal just wondering about that. a guy in our camp was telling me that the bigger grain bullets would not expand enough and just pass through i just can't see that if shot placement is good i'm kind of new to bp but sounds like bs to me
It is BS!! A .50 bullet that does not expand but "just passes on through" is sure as the devil PLENTY to kill Central Texas deer. Or even a Colorado elk, for that matter!

In this day & age, we are all accustomed to thinking in terms of expanding bullets due to the fact that expanding bullets are required in little guns (under .40 cal.) in order to quickly kill thin-skinned game! But in truth, how many of such bullets usually expand to over half-an-inch? Not many!!

The Power Belt is a good bullet for killing deer, if it shoots accurately in your gun - so is a .490" patched round ball! Just put either in the right place! (The Power Belt .50 does not have to expand to kill a deer!!)

In addition, loading/reloading with Power Belts is a pure pleasure compared to any "sabot" contraption.