HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone own a boresighter
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 09:05 PM
Goodguy

Default RE: Anyone own a boresighter

bigcountry
I read your post on the Hunting board. Very unfortunate turn of events. I can't imagine how disappointed you must have been. I responded to that post and without going into all the details here again, I was wondering if you packed your rifle in a hard case or a soft case?

As for the bore sighter. I've had a Bushnell Banner 74-3333 for quite some time and am quite happy with it and would totally rely on it being within a couple of inches of zero. Certainly more than required for a quick check to varify the scope has not been knocked off zero as happened in your case. Because of your experience I will from now on be packing my bore sighter on our fly-in moose hunts.

When you first set up the bushnell banner it should put you on the paper. Then after you have zeroed your scope reinstall the boresighter to see how the scope reticles actually line up with the grid in the bore sighter. The grid will be off a bit probably both windage & elevation. You can then adjust the grid by removing the bore sighter lense cap and using the 4 small scews to re-position the centre of the grid exactly on the cross hairs of your scope (which is zeroed). From then on you can almost exactly zero your scope using the bore sighter.

"I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it."