HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - keep passing?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 PM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: keep passing?

The place I hunt is 400 acres. Only 2 people hunt it, my brother in law and myself and we both have always had a standard of 8 or better with an occasional big 6. I know he would not shoot this buck. He has been bowhunting for years so he's not looking to fill his first archery buck tag.
The surrounding properties sometimes sound like a shooting gallery. I can't believe anything could still be alive on that side of the fence. If that little buck crosses the fence line he will be killed. That being said, I won't kill him this year. As much as I want a bow buck I will keep passing the little guy. I don't think I could change my ethics because I changed my weapon. I won't kill a dink with a gun so I won't kill a dink with a bow. I mentioned in my original post about killing him for ego, well, I think my ego would suffer by taking a deer that I would normally pass on. If my season ended today it would be a great success with my doe & hog by bow, and my hog by gun. Thanks for your input guys, sometimes the message right in front of me needs to be pointed out.