HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??
Old 10-15-2002, 07:16 AM
lamb1647
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??

Stealthy,

I practiced and hunted with a recurve for about 18 months before I got my first shot opportunity. I made a slight error in judgement, I thought the deer had stopped walking, and I shot him a bit high and in the front part of the back ham on the right side. Fortunately, the broadhead cut a main artery and went through the back part of the spinal column.

The 7 pt buck fell four times crossing back over the power line he had crossed coming to me. I didn't see him, but I heard him fall as he stepped down into the woods on the far side of the power line. I heard him thrashing around for about an hour.

I finally went over to check him out after he quieted down. The blood trail was very easy to follow on the frozen snow. One final shot through the lungs and the buck expired in very short order.

Take your time, and have the dofidence you can hit where you are aiming! And take lots of pictures of that first longbow kill.

I've been carrying and shooting a longbow since last season and hope to get my first harvest with a longbow when I go to West Virginia in November.

Bill

Praise the Lord, He is worthy