HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??
Old 10-14-2002, 04:59 PM
stealthycat
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I dunno .............. how do you guys do it ??

Cliff_N_Di - I think everyone would be more accurate with a compound, carbon arrows and a release. Very, very few people can hit coke cans at 25 yards literally every shot - with a compound thats very possible.

I have learned I think that theres a HUGE difference in equipment used in bowhunting and heck, I aint even killed a deer with my longbow yet ! I shoot well enough, and I have been using broadheads, out of a treestand in my backyard with hunting clothes on at a Blue Ridge deer target - I simulate hunting as closely as possible.

I gotta say though, I still wonder how I'll be at the moment. I have never been one to lack confidence, but at the same time I'm a realist and keeping composure and picking a spot at a deer - hmmmmmm, its going to be a LOT tougher than with a compound !!

Wahya - I hope you're right. I have a whitetail hunt in KS in three weeks and I've waited 2 years to draw another tag to go out there. I KNOW I'll see some 150 class + bucks, I don't know that I could handle missing or wounding a deer like that, you know ?

Stealthycat's Photo's