HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Start the Parade!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Guss

Default Start the Parade!

Well I finally did it, a grouse fell to the bow. I was out with My Dad and the two dogs on Saturday. I was nice, 30 degrees and fresh snow to look for tracks in. The dogs put a small covey of birds into some pines about 20 yards in front of me, so I picked the best shot and let it go. It was so cool, the birds head just dropped and the hole bird just fell to the ground, no twitching or wing flaps. I shoot it right threw the neck, and killed it instantly. I tried to shoot the other bird but it only hung around for another second and was gone. It was about 25 feet off the ground and around 15 yards away, so it wasn’t an easy shot at all, but I got lucky.

The dogs didn’t know what to do they are used to birds falling after a gun fires, they were so confused, it was great.

I may get out latter today but it is not hopeful, exam week and I have 3 papers due by Thursday.

Ow yah I was using a Flu Flu tiped with a homemade point (a 175 grain srew in feild point with wires driled into it) worked vary well.