HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - illegal?
Thread: illegal?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:28 AM
whitetaildeer87

Default illegal?

I hate to mention and it's a good thing my step brother is not computer literate enough to be on the site, but anyways, every year my dad gets landowner tags for my brother and I, and he usually gets some for him too, but for the last 5 years he did not hunt and had these tags. My brother and I never used them becauseI thought it wasillegal. But my dad remarried and she had a step son. He got our landowner tags as usual and all of a sudden Bernie (my step brother) wanted to go hunting. Mydad gave Bernie his tags. He went hunting and got a really nice 9 point. The mass was huge! My dad telechecked it. They got it mounted also.Bernie was going to submit itto the Missouri Big Bucks, butfelt bad (or probably worried if he would get caught), because it wasn't under his name, and didn't wanna put it under mydad's name because he didn't shoot it. At that time, I think you could only have 1 antlered deer.He used my dad's tag and didn't buy any others to get another buck. I don't know if it was illegal, but he really regrets doing it. Now,he lives in NC trying to get a bigger deer, but he says the deerare tiny there. After reading the possible indiana buck story...I guess this kinda relates. I won't say Bernie's name, healready hates me enough.