HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new pope young world record elk..PICS ADDED
Old 12-11-2005, 03:26 PM
bdu33

Default RE: new pope yound world record elk

Not sure if your question was answered yet but if I may chime in....??????

I was in Cheyenne this fall and had the opportunity to hunt. Borrowed a friends blind, asked permission from a local rancher and went to the local sporting goods store and picked up a doe/fawn tag for 27$...and a archery license for 25$. It's pretty cheap to hunt non-res there...as far as doe/fawn anyways. The Game and Fish give a limited # of these tags to different hunting areas throughout WY. I was luck enough to secure a tag for the area just outside Cheyenne...area 104 I believe it was. The rancher was cool, and happy to have hunters out there. He had to charge a "fee"....so I got him and his family a giftcard to Applebees and let me at it. If I remember right there was 14-20 tags left for that area when I bought mine...I prolly coulda bought a couple more! Lots of animals...and even more open spaces. Good luck to ya. If it works out I'll be back there this next spring to work through the year...of course I'll be knocking on his door again. I do however wnat to take a buck if possible......I believe apps are due in July.