HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - killing deer with cars
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 AM
duxrok

Default RE: killing deer with cars

I tried that one time in here in Missouri, but it didn't work out like I expected.

I was taking my daughter to school one afternoon for some club thing, and I see a deer on the side of the road. It looked dead, except it also looked asleep. I knew it was fresh because it wasn't there a hour before.

After I dropped off my daughter, I drove back by and saw a conservation agents truck there. I pulled over thinking that if he was going to get rid of it, I'd ask if I could take it if it was in decent shape. I went to the agent and asked if I could have it, and he told me that he had to shoot it because it wasn't dead, but it wasn't going to make it. He then told me that his truck was to full right then to take it away, but he was coming back for it after he unloaded some stuff. I let it drop being that he obviously had plans for the deer. (Benefit of the job I guess.)

It burned my butt though because he never went back for it. I saw that deer every day as it desintegrated on the side of the road. I couldn't even go back and pick it up after he didn't go get it because being that he shot it, I didn't want to have it in the back of my truck (out of season) without some kind of permission

I don't think that it had to do with any specific Missouri law. It was just one ignorant CA who didn't feel like giving me the tag for it.

I dunno….just venting I guess….carry on.