HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Mail Men (9) thread
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 09:39 AM
chucker34

Default RE: Official Team Mail Men (9) thread

It's colder outsidethan a witch's t-t in a tin bra. It's colder outside than a well digger's a--hole in Idaho. Those are ones my Dad used to day and I now say to our little one, which gets my wife riled up. I have only been out a few times the past few weeks in the zero or below zero weather here. We have about six inches of snow on the ground so it's pretty easy to tell where the deer have been. It's actually warmer in Alaska right now than it is in Minnesota. Have been wearing my insulated goose hunting overalls and parka when I go. Makes pulling back on the bow a little more difficult. Anywhoo, got winded my a small forkbuck and the parade of does continues. I'm not complaining because if you like deer meat, that's paradise. But I will plan to scout more next year and get permission on more land to increase the chances at a buck. I think I'll concentrate on a bigger doe the last week or two of the season (ends Dec. 31) if it looks like time is running out. Sorry in advance if that happens but I'd like to go for the "sure" thing if there is such a thing with bowhunting.

Supposed to warm up this weekend but it's been so cold out this week that I saw a squirrel toasting his nuts over a fire. Ha ha. David Letterman has a whole slew of its so cold and so hot outside jokes related to a squirrel and his nuts.