HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry
Old 12-07-2005, 09:40 PM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

look i'm sorry if i offended anyone, i did not mean to. all i was saying is more firepower is not always the answer. in south carolina there was a state trooper by the name of coates. he was killed in the line of duty from one shot from a .22. the subject who shot him was hit 5 out of 6 times center mass from his duty firearm, a .357 magnum. the suspect who took all 5 rounds of the .357 magnum in the chest is still alive in prison. all i'm saying is it's not always the size of the firearm as it is shot placement.

i hope your never have to use deadly force on anyone, because i hope i never have to. but to answer the one reply in regaurds to having to use it on someone hopped up on dope....there is narcotics such as PCP out there. it does not matter if you shoot someone with a slug, they won't feel it and will keep coming. i'm all for larger calibers for protection but it's only my opinion to use a smaller caliber for concealment.

also friz, if you don't think it's possible to take down a hog at 100 yards with 3 1/2" 00 buckshot through a mossberg 835 ulti-mag /w the extra full turkey choke, you're dumber than i thought. so don't judge me because you have never witnessed it yourself. i'm not saying this shot is makable everytime, i tried it once and made it. so what, get over yourself, i'm not bragging about being all that i was just explaining to that person that it has been done and mossberg is a great shotgun for the price.

since ya'll are going to do the research on me and my post, then put everything i said into works. i did not say the .223 was the best deer rifle, i said it would be a good start for a 15 year old (female) beginning hunter because it is capable of bringing down deer and has very low recoil.

i also did not say you could not conceal anything but a .32. i just through out a random caliber because of it's smaller size. common sense says the smaller the easier to conceal. hell if you wanted to you could conceal a .44 magnum, would i recomend it....no.

i'm not saying because i'm a cop that i know everything, i said i'm a copto let you know that i am familiar with some firearms. i'm sorry to piss everyone off, i did not mean too. but don't attempt to smear me in the forums just because you don't agree or believe something i have said.