HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry
Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Hotguns
Spike

Default RE: Looking for a good pistol for concealed carry

since you're concealing it, check out a .32 semi-auto. almost all 9mm, .357, etc. are to large to be considered truly concealable.

You've got to be kidding

You're a cop and you are carrying a .32 for a backup gun ?

If you ever need a backup gun it'd better be up to the task. Call me simple... but the idea of wrestling a drug crazed junkie who feels no pain that is trying to grab your duty weapon and kill you with it would seem to dictate something more than a puny .32. In a case like that, I want all the "knock down" power I can get.

My dept. wont even let us carry a backup in anythingless than .38 special. Yeah...its all about shot placement all right, but a gun in the gut probably aint the ideal shot...and in a life threating scenario, in reality, you are gonna take whatever shot you can get whether its ideal or not.

As for being a "cop" Im not impressed. Mostof the ones I deal with are far from the "gun savy" types and know less about guns than many citizens do.Many ofthem barely qualify when the time comes and consider themselves well prepped because they shot some holes in the black on a B-27 silhouette.

In todays world of Metheads that are tweaking and care only about where their next "hit" comes from, Im going to use the proper tools for the job should the need be...