HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My First BUCK (need help posting photos)
Old 12-07-2005, 02:01 PM
Deer_Tracker

Default RE: My First BUCK (need help posting photos)

Okay fellows here's the scoop on my first buck. I started hunting Friday morning and up until saturday evening all i saw were does. Saturday evening however as i was walking to my stand i saw does crossing the old railroad bed i was walking down. So i waited them out then i saw MASSIVE antlers moving. It was around a 140 class eight point buck. I settled myself down and tried to take the shot, he was 200 yds. and the wind was blowing hard, between the wind and my buck fever i shot right over the top of him. Man was i bummed i knew that for sure i would not see him again. So sunday morning i got up and was deciding whether or not to go out. I finally decided to go out because it was my last day for the season for me anyways. So i setup way before daylight and when it came legal shooting time i saw nothing in the field so i had two choices to sit and wait it out or get up and move. Well i decided to get up and move what could it hurt. So i started down the old railroad bed track again and saw does go across infront of me. Then i thought i saw a buck. So i waited for them to cross then the stalk was on. I finally got through the trees to the edge of the field where i saw the deer cross to, i saw nothing, THEN all of a sudden i see the biggest doe in my life staring at me, it turned and i relaized that's no doe, that'sa BUCK!! So i got my gun off my shoulder only to get it snagged in the brush, then i got it free then my sling got snagged in the brush. I made so much comotion it stopped and looked at me twice. Finally i put the crosshairs on him then it happened he got behind a tree. So i waited and waited and waited finally he came out so i put my head to the scope again and NOTHING my scope was frozen over from my breath so i had to rub it off really fast, finally i put the crosshairs on him and BOOM!!! He hunched up went 3 steps stood there for 10 seconds and fell straight over. I thought i was going to have a heart attack. But finally my first buck.