HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binos with glasses
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:25 AM
keyshunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Binos with glasses

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

Danny,

What you need to be mindful of when looking at different bins is their eye relief. Eye Relief is the distance behind the eyepiece lens that the image actually focuses at...it is typically measured in millimeters. I do not wear glasses but most of the folks I have spoken with that do and whouse binssuggest a binocular with at least 16 or 17 mm of eye relief in order to get the full field of view. Personally, because of my facial dimensions I actually prefer bins with eye relief of at least 18 mm and 20 mm is even better.

If the eye relief info is not in the item description from wherever you are buying it from then you can probably find it on the company's website. I do not know what price range or style of bin you are looking for but if I had to suggest one with much eye relief and in a modest price range then it would be the Nikon Sporters....specifically the 8x36. Price is usually under $200 and the eye relief is somewhere between 18-20 mm.

Hope this helps.
I agree. I have had a pair of Nikon Sporter 1 8x36for about 4 years. They are very nice for an inexpensive glass--good optics, light weight and compact.They have twist down eye cups, which are a big plus. Many binocs have fold down eye cups, which have a tendency to come unfolded at all the wrong times. I believe I paid about $130.