HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want to hunt with my son!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 12:08 PM
Don K
Typical Buck

Default RE: Want to hunt with my son!!!

Im with the others on this one, take him.......

I have 3 boys and my middle guy loves going out. Hes 8 also and handles 2 hours with no problem. I have taken the 3 of them at once also before.

I have a Double Bull ground blind that i use when they all like to go. Toss in a hunk of carpet for the ground and they can sit along time. My little guy (5) brings a small pack with coloring books and GI Joes. Hes in the blind the deer cannot see him moving around as long as hes quite. When something comes in i get their attention and they watch.

My 8 year old when he goes alone sits in the stand with me. He brings along his gameboy and plays it with the sound off. He does this for a bit, sets it down and watchs awhile before picking it up again. I will not let him in the stand without a saftey harness. Seat-of-the-Pants makes a harness just like the adults but for youths. This way i know hes safe and im relaxed.

Every kid is different. Dont force them to sit to long, make sure they stay interested and before long you will have a hunting partner thats hard to get rid of.