HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Fear This (24) Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 05:31 PM
RIStrutStopper
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Nice buck Vogt. I broke down and got a shotgun tag, season opened yesterday. I went out today and messed up. Went to one of my bowhunting areas and decided to hunt from the ground. Before the snow got too deep, heard that awesome crunch crunch crunch in the leaves, then a tree rat sounded the alarm that a deer was definitely close... It came from behind and to the right, and I saw legs thru the brush... If it would have continued down the trail, It would have came out about 10 yards from me. I was watching a different trail than the one it came in on.If I was in my usual tree where I bowhunt with my climber, it prolly would have come out for a perfect 30 yard shot, but the wind wasnt right for that stand. I got impatient when it stopped for a while, and I grunted soft twice hoping to make it take a few extra steps. Instead, it wheeled around and bolted. Well, it had my heart beating fast anyway... Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe, but it looked large enough that I would have taken it either way. I knew the deer were using that area from the sign, but I only hunted it 3 times and only heard one deer once, no visual. I guess its worth checking out again.

Was supposed to take a 2.5 hr drive into CT tomorrow to hunt the western part of the state with the bow, but I cancelled. I'm kinda beat for that trek. I'm gonna hopefully reschedule to take the bow out to CT later in the week, maybe Friday.