HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quabbin Deer Hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 01:54 PM
djgj200

Default RE: Quabbin Deer Hunt

Forgot to tell you that my dad gave up on deer this morning for the rest of the year. Never got a deer in NY this year andno deer in the Quabbin.

When he went into work this morning he heard that 3:30 this morning a deer was hit. He went down and found the deer laying there and he got out of his cruiser and found out the deer was still alive because she picked her head up. People were stopping yelling something at him, what do you expect. So my dad called for the ACO (Animal Control Officer). As soon as the ACO pulled up in their yellow truck, the deer got so excited it picked itself up with a broken leg all twisted around and went over a stone wall into someone's back yard. My dad shot it twice with his .40 cal handgun and the deer still took off.

Three strikes your out he said. He is going to take the day off tomorrow and we are going out to see if we can track her down, hopefully the coyotes won't get her. My dad was mad because noone from the shift before him had the heart to shoot her and that deer was laying there suffering for most of their shift. So my dad went back roaring about how the .40 cal is doing what they say it does, it goes so fast that is just basically punches holes in them and similar results would result if a situation occurred where a person needed to be shot.