HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYSDEC is a joke
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 07:22 AM
mlo3135127

Default RE: NYSDEC is a joke

I live in Herkimer County and we had2 bad winters, 2002 and 2003. In 2002 I found 37 dead deer and in 2003 I found 17. On top of the 2 bad winters, hunters are shooting more doesso there will be less deer. Every time an adultdoe is killed so are 2 unbornfawns. I have nothing against killing a doe but ifthere areno deer inan area don't shoot the adult does. Who is pulling the trigger? Not the DEC! Just because someone has four tags they don't have to kill four deer. It's impossible for the DEC to know how many deer are in each area. It should be up the the hunter's discretion how many deer they kill. If you have no deer inan area why wouldanyone then go out and hunt to kill the last one? On a brighter note maybe you are seeing less deer due to the warm weather. This fall has been unseasonably warm. Around here when it is warm it's like a ghost town and I swear there are no deer alive on this earththan when the temp drops below 30 it seems the deer appear out of nowhere. I hope thats theproblem. my site: www.pbase.com/mlo3135127 & www.wildturkey.smugmug.com