HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quabbin Deer Hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 05:17 AM
djgj200

Default RE: Quabbin Deer Hunt

Congrats DL. Some guys told me there were 205 guys in Hardwick Thursday, idk about how many guys yesterday.

There was little shooting Thursday and next to nothing yesterday, less than 15 shots all day and I bet half of them were at the same deer.

One guy that belongs to Nimrod in Holden tells me that the Quabbin Deer Hunt has wiped deer out as much as 10 miles from the borders of the Quabbin. He's an idiot anyway so who cares what he thinks.

I have no idea as to how many deer were taken out of Hardwick. The numbers are definitely down. This year was basically pathetic in my eyes. All these guys, all of these deer based on the sign and what the DCR is telling us and yet there was very little killed.

I might have seen you DL, I had to drive by the Petersham gate down 32A to get to the Hardwick gate.

I wont hold my breath for New Salem, they never kill a lot of deer to begin with. I just hope Prescott does alright. If there are as many deer as the DCR says, with these low kill rates there should be plenty of deer next year.