HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quabbin Deer Hunt
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:26 PM
djgj200

Default RE: Quabbin Deer Hunt

Went out for the second and last day today. Never saw a deer. There was plus or minus a total of 12 shots fired all day. I was the only one to fire a shot on my side of the swamp yesterday and today everybody and their family and friends was posted all around me today. I think they heard me say over the radio that it was a big buck and heard my dad tell my mom that I missed it so everyone tried to get a shot at him, idk. I thought I was going to get a second chance at that deer. Not a single shot was fired near me.

My dad seems to think that buck will die of old age since Hardwick will be closed next year. I just hope if I get pulled again next year, it better not be for New Salem. The state should shut down that block for 20 years. Two years ago they only shot 13 deer in there and I heard 18 last year.

Not a ton of deer were seen but what was seen was all said to be big deer. So although the Quabbin isn't filthy loaded with deer like it was 15 years ago, if you do get successful you will have a quality deer. That buck I shot at yesterday was a buck of a lifetime, I think my chance at another one of that magnitude will come from the Quabbin.

I would like to know the numbers for Petersham for this year to see if there are any deer left in there.

Good luck next week Jaimie. Prescott always seems to turn out pretty good numbers of deer taken which is a sign of good odds.