HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Landowner has gone CRAZY!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Leverdude
Typical Buck

Default RE: Landowner has gone CRAZY!

That decoy story was a hoot.
I'v got a spot I sit in late season. Its only about 2 acres of woods & I can see the owners house from my blind but alot of deer go thru & hang out back there. I think he thinks I'm crazy as I mostly go there when the weather stinks. I was out there last winter bout a week or 2 after christmas & I was watching a fat doe & a couple fawns out 45 or 50 yards feeding towards me real slow. It was snowing to beat the band & they were taking their sweet time. I spotted them about an hour before & was kinda enjoying the setting. Well I heard his door slam & looked over to see him dragging his xmas tree into the woods. The deer were watching him too & I welcomed the activity because almost anyway the deer went but straight away would bring them close enough I might get a shot. A few minutes went by & I didn't hear the door again so I took another peek & found him looking from my tree stand (right over the deer [:'(]) to my blind trying to find me. Well after a few minutes I thought he would leave but instead he starts coming closer never seeing the deer. When he was maybe 10 yards away he starts into talking at me so I leaned out the window to point out the deer & shush him if possible but when he saw me he lets out a loud laugh & says I'm nuts there aint no deer out in this mess only me, so I pointed to the 3 white flags bouncing away in the corner.
Turns out the guy actually thought they lived in caves & stayed inside during bad weather. I couldnt get mad at him as he's a family friend & sure wouldn't do it on purpose. Besides it was worth it for the look on his face when he saw he was within 35 or 40 yards of 3 deer without even knowing.