HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thanksgiving Eve Buck
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 PM
TWIRPY

Default Thanksgiving Eve Buck

My year of bowhunting finally all came together. I went to my stand at about 2 pm on Feb 23rd. I was thinking to myself that maybe it would be another year without a buck as the season was winding down. The wind was blowing pretty hard and my tree was rocking back and forth making me almost dizzy. I sat and thought about all of the nice bucks I had seen and how many I passed on thinking I would see a larger one. About 2 hrs later I saw a deer coming down the trail I was set up on. Stood up and watched. at about 70 yds I could see he was mature and the closer he got I really knew I would shoot him if he gave me the chance. He came in on a string. He walked right down the trail I was on and presented me with a perfect 18yd broadside shot. I let her fly and nailed him perfectly. He went about 50 yards and expired. I have been hunting for a pope & young buck for the last 6 yrs, passing on smaller ones and finally it all came together this year. Hope everyone enjoys the picture and have a great bow season this year and all theyears to come .