HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bareshaft tuning headache!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 02:28 PM
ewolf

Default RE: Bareshaft tuning headache!!!!!!!!

The way that I test centershot is the step back method. Shoot an arrow @ 5,10,15...35. If they make a C shape then the rest needs to move to in. If they make a backwards c shape the rest needs to be moved out. If they make a diagonal on the target, your spine is too far off to test for centershot.

I can tell you a very easy way to get the centershot really close. Put an arrow on your bow and look at your bow from about 5 feet behind it. Put the string in the middle of the grip, and make your arrow fall in line with the string. On longer bows (38" +), I haven't had to move one in 5 years after setting it up this way.

The left/right weak/stiff thing is only a "generally" statement. Sometimes it is reversed, and nobody knows why. If the bareshafthits to the right it should be too weak, but then again they might be to strong. Adjust the spine of the arrow/bow to see which it is.

Every, yes I said EVERY bow that I set up the broadheads, field points, and bareshaft fly to the same spot at 40 yards. I set up the centershot, then bareshaft tune to 40 yards. Put a broadhead on spin test it, and it will hit at 40 yards.