HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else discouraged?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Tree climber

Default RE: Anyone else discouraged?

Never ; that is one thing I try to instill in my wife.she is a little like you say you are.I try to tell her to just be glad she is in the woods with herself.listen to nature.I would like to take a really big "trophy"buck as much as the next guy.not that you are not right in you thoughts,just that I am never in they mood.

if I see deer then ok, if not thats ok also.there are very feew times I go that I don't see a few deer.there are few years that I don't take a few deer.I guess if I didn't take a deer or two a year , or at least see a few deer when I went,then I may start to get a little down.

I have been to my blind and not seen anything because when it was time to go I woke up and left.(not very often).

I hope I contunue to enjoy the woods and it's wonders for a few more years to come.of course I have been hunting for 52 years now,thats a few years after I was going with my dad, to young to hunt.so I guess it takes that bunch of years to get in with the idea to enjoy it if you never see anything.
don't take this as I am not understanding what you are feeling.just the way I was taught and have followed my dad's teaching.

becareful and keep safe.