HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio gun season activity update
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Hotburn76

Default Ohio gun season activity update

Just wanted to start a thread on ohios gun season opener today. Lets try to keep each other up to speed, their has to be lots to talk about! And we got to do better than the indiana boys cause they obviously have lots to talk about-lol But today was a success for me. Been bow hunting hard all year and haven't had a deer within fifty yards of my stand and at 7:20 this morning I had what was an eight pointer with a busted rack fifteen yards from me. After calming down the knight inline did its job. Deer ran forty yards a crashed. Then the day started to go down from their. Went to check in the deer and they wanted to know ifI would donate my head for CWD testing, did not plan on mounting it soI said sure, and they said they would cut the antlers/ skull cap off for me. Felt like I was being a good man for the DNR. But when I came back from the paper work the idiot took not only the head but cut the neck off almost into the shoulders. I did not say anything I just thought lesson learned. Then to make the day really bad got deer home and went to make phone call and realized I lost my phone somewere in the woods. But anyways lets here from you all with your stories.