HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2nd deer
Thread: 2nd deer
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2005, 07:25 PM
whitetailblaster

Default 2nd deer

4 years ago I shot my very first deer, a small 8 point buck. I didn't hunt again until this year because I was gun shy. Same year I shot my 8 point, I went duck hunting. The kick was totally to much for me then and shot me down almost out of the boat, twice(single shot 20 gauge). This was my 3rd hunt this year. Youth day I missed a nice 6 point [:@]but I wouldn't let that bring me down. Today(27th november) I went out in dorchester county, maryland at the hunting club I'm in. That's Sika Deer territory and I was hoping to kill one. Before sunset, I heard something creeping up on us. Taking his time, a retarded gened spike(whitetail) came walking up 20 yards away, from behind me. He walked behind a holly bush(15 yards) and looked right up at me. He sniffed, turned around, and started walking back. I thought "Steak, hamburgers, sausage, backstrap..." WAM!! I shot him right when the first half got passed the holly bush. He ran 70 yards until he was down. 110pound Spike, good eatingdeer but not a Sika that I expected. I dont mind wasting my buck on this, I just needed to get the first kill in of the season.

Sorry I made you guys read, as you see, I'm not like you trophy hunters. If it's brown, it's down.