HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binary Cam Timing/Letoff Question -
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 04:55 PM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default Binary Cam Timing/Letoff Question -

So I just bought both an 05' Allegiance, and a brand spanking new 06' Constitution.

The Allegiance just got here, so I want to get it all tuned up to hopefully take a deer with during the late season this year.

I am using the Allegiance primarily for hunting and maybe a few 3D shoots, so I would like to keep it at 80% letoff. I read through the thread listed below:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=218697&highlight=binary+timin g

Dave gave pretty good instructions on how to tune these cams, however my question is which cable exactly is the one going to the top cam? They both are obviously attached to the top cam? In the pic below, if I wanted to increase letoff, or wanted to retune for a drop away rest, which one would you add twists to?

The bow has a brand new Winners Choice string on it, and I think when the previous owner had it the letoff was set fairly high, and there is very little valley as compared to my Patriot. Tomorrow I have time to tinker with this and want to get it timed right, so any input from experienced people working on binary cams would be appreciated.

Also, when my 06' Constitution gets here, I would like to leave the letoff at around 65-70% since it will primarily be a spots bow until 3D season gets here, and I would REALLY like about 20-22lbs of holding weight when using my backtension release. It will be setup with draw weight of 65lbs for indoor season. Is it OK to be shooting it at 65% letoff and will there be any valley? I am assuming the valley won't be as pronounced as it will be if it was set at 80% letoff............

Thanks in advance for the help guys!!