HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Country or Redneck ???
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Default Country or Redneck ???

Can someone please tell me the differnece between someone being country or Redneck. I just got back from Missouri. I stayed with Strut and his wife to go deer hunting. These folks seriously live miles away from any 'normal town.' They showed me the best hospitality tha tI've ever been shown. They were great folks. I met many of their friends. Sure...scruffy beards and coveralls but the same..down to earth very sweet folks. I would call these folks country folks.

NOw back in Florida. The following I would call rednecks. I was hunting in a WMA the Green Swamp yesterday. They have back roads in there which are off limits to vehicles. I got up very early to hike that back road and then dangerously went wading through a bayhead to get into my locked up Summit. Just before daylight here comes a truck on the off limit road...stops and shoots. Does he score? I don't know but he blew my cover. I soon leave. There goes a red Ford truck with the driver having his rifle out the window going about 5 MPH. Would these be rednecks ? Wouldn't those guys on Deliverance be Rednecks?

So is there a difference between Country folk and Rednecks?