HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC maxi ball, TC maxi hunter, or round ball
Old 11-23-2005, 11:27 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: TC maxi ball, TC maxi hunter, or round ball

test shoot them all.....i have a 50cal tc flint hawken with a 1:48.....no matter what conicals i shot i cant get them to group or shoot accurately...no matter what i try.......roundballs i can shoot clover leafs all day long......i couldnt convince myself that a round ball would make a big enough hole to hunt with and dont wanna loose deer....so i always wanted to shoot a conical..every year i tried diffrent ones......id get them OK for hunting....close range less then 50yds.....but my gun just loooooves roundballs....actually killed 2 groundhogs with my roundballs....one at 10yds or so standing freehand he popped up in a field and took a RB to the neck....another one was feeding at 45yds away...aimed to shoot him through the vitals like a deer..smoke cleared and he was laying there...hole right where i put it....pretty decint shotso roundballs it is from here on out.....going shooting friday or saturday! cant wait!......just bought a new box of roundballs.....patches....and im good to go on powder! if i take my buck early im hunting with the flintlock the rest of the season during rifle.....if not i got ALL of xmas break OFF.....good luck