HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to deal with people running dogs
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:59 PM
zekeskar

Default RE: How to deal with people running dogs

I agree with timbercruiser - it's easy to say "shoot the dogs" but that might actually make the overall situation worse. I have nothing against dispatching feral or problem animals, and have done so. But you gotta give the dogs at least a little consideration - it's not their fault they have bone-heads for owners.

If it were me I'd first know exactly what the regs re: dogs are. I'd also try to figure out what ethical dog hunters actually do in practice ( I sincerely don't know because I've never lived anywhere where dog hunting is legal). If possible, I'd talk to the guys who are running the dogs - so that at least they'd know someone is aware of it and doesn't like it. I'd probably give them a shot at correcting the problem, but I wouldn't wait to go to the next step. Some times people do things just because they aren't aware it's aproblem, or theythink people don't care or that they haven't been caught. Next step I'd talk to the game warden if the doggers didn't solve the problem immediately (next day for instance). Hope it works out for you.