HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dogs taken care of
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 03:35 PM
rockytop
Nontypical Buck

Default dogs taken care of

I guess my other thread was taken away about the dog running my deer off. I just got home from work and have talked to my neighbors and there giving the dog back to the people they got it from. They said they didn't like caring for the dog anyway. I'm glad. I was going to offer to help them put in something to restrain the dog but now I don't have to.
I learned something about myself and my hunting from reading all the responses on that thread. I've been pushing way to hard to bag a deer with a bow the last couple of years. I've killed alot of deer with a bow but the last couple of years have been nothing but frustration and bad luck. As a result, I tried to talk myself into doing something I normally wouldn't have done. Deerhunting is not worth killing a pet. If my family was starving, that would be one thing, but there not. I think I'll drop back a little and enjoy my time in the woods a little more and take some pressure off myself about getting that deer with a bow. I have done it and will do it again. I appreciate everyone's responses, it woke me up a little.