HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
Hiawatha

Default RE: How do you load a deer in the truck yourself?

I have also found myself in similar situations in the past so i wised up this year and created a device to rid me of this headache. First of my huntin truck ain't much to lay eyes on she's a 85 dodge 2 wheel drive baby blue god bless er. So i decided to mount a hand winch on the box just back of the rear window. I have a strap of box iron going form the passenger side to the drivers side of the box bolted down right at the front of the box. On that iron i have another strap in the middle with a hand winch bolted to it about 8 inches up from the cross ways piece. This helps you out cause it gives you a little more height when your winching. I then built a false floor in my truck bed placing 2 2x4's on edge and nailing 2x8's across them. I then built a ramp that slides under the false floor using some plywood and 2x6's. You get a deer ya back up, slide out the ramp, winch the deer up onto the false floor and slide the ramp back under the floor. Works slick for loading the quad also. I painted git r done on the strap of box iron then one day we were listening to the jeff foxworthy countdown and some lady calls in and says "you might be a redneck if you got git r done painted on the back of your dodge pickup". Me and my bud just shook our heads. I will get a pic posted on the forums soon i hope with my invention.