HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - check this out. story and pics(deer)
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 09:43 PM
musicdvm
Spike

Default RE: check this out. story and pics(deer)

I've looked over the picture very closely and have to say I still can't tell whether or not it is fake. If it is fake they have went to a lot of trouble. Texas A&M does have a vet school. There is medical equipment present, including an IV line. The deer is lying sternally, which is what you would expect to see with this type of animal (i.e. is bad for them to lay on their sides). The person present, however, isn't dressed like a normal doctor/student. At least that wasn't what was normally wore when I was in vet school. Possible owner/finder of the deer or possible after hours student helping with monitoring?

One question I have is why is he laying there like that. If real, in order for the deer to stay laying like it is, it must be very sick, partially or fully paralized, recovering from anesthesia, or be dead. A wild animal would never lay still like that. Recovering from anesthesia may be a possible explanation, for the deer does look like it is in a padded post-op recovery room.

I'm not sure. I'm very skeptical. It is strange you can't see more of the deer. The person taking the picture had to be sitting on the ground. Why would they do that? I guess I would be interest in seeing further pictures.