HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??
Old 11-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

I feel that I should of written my post to this thread a little differently.......not because of a change of feelings or mindset, but because it may of been a little off base.

I ended a 4 year relationship with a girl in June that I planned on proposing to this past summer. While me hunting was at the bottom of the listof our problems, her refusal to respect my hobby and seeking some alone time in the fall was torture for me. I gave her every opportunity to possibly join me in the woods, target shoot, or take up archery. She declined, and just stayed home. I offered to help her "get into" her own little hobby, but she let her jobdetermine her life, and I myself felt neglected after a couple years. I only asked for aweek and a halfof free time a year to bowhunt, and that was chore. I gave up my fair share of saturday hunts,3-shoots, fishing trips and soon to spend time with her, but she wouldn't give me the respect that I askedfrom her when it came to my vacation time. I even offeredvacation trips for us to take in the off season, but in the end, looking back on it, I learned it was only about how much I would give up so she could have her way. She wanted me to give up my stupid hunting time for her; andin her eyes and mind, it was theonly real way for me to show how much I loved and cared about her. I stood my ground for what I believed in, for 7 days of bowhunting vacation a year, in peace, withoutguilt trips, withoutfights,and I lost.