HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??
Old 11-22-2005, 11:31 AM
mvisgak
Spike

Default RE: Have you ever Lost a WIFE or GIRLFRIEND due to Hunting??

I must say that this thread has been very interesting. I originally read it thinking it was going to be some silly poem or made-up story. I was wrong. Gosh, I do enjoy getting this littlepeak into the minds of you men. And I am quite happy to see that most men are right on the money with how life should be led. Remembering your priorities and that if you are in a relationship, your time is not your own. Bottom line - if you have kids and responsibilities then those need to be SHARED. It is not fair for your wife to be left at home to tend to everything while you go out and about whenever you please. Also spending the families money on only your "hobbies" isn't right either. Ahhh...I would love to see the reaction of the "I choose hunting over my wife" guys if she were to spend 4 months out of the year being away from home doing her "thing" and spending whatever money she felt like in pursuit of her "hobby" (whatever that might be). Ha - and dear old hubby gets to sit home, take care of the house and the kids and can never complain about missing his ol' lady! I can't say for sure, but I'm betting that simply wouldn't go over well!! )

Awww, heck, to each his own. I don't feel badly for the gal who's significant other chooses hunting over her, because undoubtedly there is someone out there who is going to treat her with the love and respect she deserves...and that's way better than sticking it out with a selfish man!!

I'm not bitter though...

(hee, hee, hee)

Really, I'm not. I'm just so amazed and actually pleasantly surprised by this entire conversation. And I will say thatlast fall was the first year I was with my boyfriend and he did his hunting thing...while I was pregnant...and I was jealous. I was home with the kids and he was out doing his "thing." Thankfully he had a bad shoulder and didn't do any bow hunting because I don't think our relationship would have made it based on how often he goes hunting now that he's better. Ha, ha! Thankfully though, I mentioned an interest and most of the time spent hunting is spent hunting together and that has been a wonderful experience!! It's certainly brought us closer together and I don't think I can ever get tired of hearing about all his old hunting stories. Granted, having a bad memory surely helps keep those stories fresh!! LOL!!

Well...enjoy the rest of the season. We are off to hunt this weekend, and maybe - just maybe - I'll not only FINALLY see a freakin' deer, I might actually get to shoot my first deer!!! Here's to hoping!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

- Michelle