HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ohio Hunters - question for you
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:29 AM
mvisgak
Spike

Default Ohio Hunters - question for you

First off, I'm new to hunting...this being my first year. The main place we're hunting is down in Coshocton and aside from seeing a couple does one late morning on my walk out of the woods, I've yet to see anything. It's starting to get a bit discouraging. I keep being told that I'm putting in the hours and it's bound to happen...but I'm thinking that if I don't see something this weekend, I'm harvesting one of those annoying, loud squirrels that drive me insane as I anxiously sit and wait to spot my very first deer! (I'm kidding, of course...sort of...no, really...I am kidding...)

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here hunts down in the Coshocton area also, and what your thoughts are with regard to the rut...has it happened, or is it happening now? I'm headed down to hunt on Friday afternoon, and then Saturday, trying to get in a couple more opportunities before gun season opens on Monday and has the deer all scared and in hiding.

By the way - this is a great site and I'm sure I'll spend most of the day here trying to get just one last bit of information before I head out for what may very well be my last trip of the season (I don't have a gun and unless I can do dead of winter hunting with a heater by my side, I'm thinking I'll pass! Yeah...I'm a bit of a freeze baby...). Here's to hoping I at least catch site of a freakin' deer...any deer...sheesh, I'll even take seeing one on my drive down at this point!!

- Michelle