HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Idiot's In the Woods!
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:14 AM
kim398pl

Default RE: Idiot's In the Woods!

Yes there are idiots out there. This past weekend a new guy finally came to hunt. OH my God, first he came with no orange on. None. dad had to give him an orange vest, he said he was not aware of having to have it...Did he not take the hunters safety course, he is my age, I had to take it.

Then he drove his 4-wheeler to that stand,that wold not be a problem, except he had to drive RIGHT PASS ME.

Then the next morning he was hunting my stand (um he does not have his own stand either) and he shot a deer, was out forever looking for it, dad and the other guy had to find him. When they found him and asked about the deer, his reply, well I can't find it and I am thinking it was not a deer after all, just a shadow or something in the brush..OMG. I take my kids out there and this guy is shooting at something he has no idea what it is. Me and my husband has decided we do not want to be anywhere around him when he hunts, not even at the camp, so we will not go when he is there.

As a paid member and daughter of the club, we went out there that same evening and we had the kids. He was whining cause Dad was tkaing dad's stand, I in mine, My husband to his with the kids and the other guy in his. I cam eout and said look, there should be nothing out of you, you donot have a stand here and you can't expect us to give up our stands for you. YOu want to hunt, get your own stand. Then I said, my kids will be out with my husband. I was walking the land yesterday (which I was, but not in this area), across the raod, up the hill there are alot of tracks, why doin't you hunt up there this evening. He was lke there is no stand, I said not my problem yours, hunt the ground, we all have done it. So he started to walk in the direction, I yelled at him not to forget his orange vest and to make sure there is a real deer in the scope before shooting.

After he left joey the other guy ont he club looked at dad and said she is a fiesty one, they laughed and dad said she is just like me, she speaks her mind, then dad looked at me and said,Kim, I already talked to him. I said oh well, he should be a man and quit whining and take a *&$&^#$ saftey course, after that I walked to my stand mad.