HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ethics Question - You make the call
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:43 PM
jimmy the foot
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ethics Question - You make the call

i just shot a 9 point buck on opening day and there were guys all around me. if b gets in his stand and is quiet i say keep hunting. you don't know that he scared any deer away, but if you keep clapping, coughing and other nonsense you will alert deer to both of you. I've hunt practically on top of people before and sometimes right next to them. if both are still and quiet i don't see how this could affect your hunt in a bad way. be professional. has anyone ever tried to work as a team and call deer in say by imitating to rival buck sparring or a buck doing tending grunts to a doe who's bleating? you have to look at the positives when hunting close to another person. think of all the turkey hunters that hunt in pairs. they see success. i always go the other way when i see a hunter, but I've been set and had hunters come close to me and set up and be quiet. never had a negative effect on my hunt. seen deer, shot deer. sometimes these other hunters also can move deer to wards you or kick deer up just to have them return and hour later to bed down again in the same area (happened this year to me during bow season believe it or not). i don't know i don't want to be a dick and i think public land is a blessing. it is a tough call and everyone is entitled to there opinion on how this matter should be handled.

THE FOOT