HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - nice buck for gun season
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Kyle Colburn

Default nice buck for gun season

no pics here yet, but ill tell the story...
...well, opening day of gun season, at about 10:00 a.m. i looked down the the ridge from my gun stand and saw a deer in some real thick trees. so, i got on the radio and said i had deer in front of me. i plopped another cushion under me and got my gun ready and the safety off. the buck started moving away from me and then suddenly started trotting my way. there was a doe behind him. he stopped behind some more thickets and then started walking again. i gotthe crosshairs on him and BOOOOM!!!! He jumped and took off running. i got on the radio and said that i thought i hit him and then i went down about 60 yards where i shot him and looked for blood. it was sprayed all over . i found him and he was a nice 7 point buck with 3 broken off tines so he should of been a 10 pointer. his brow tines were real tall and he was thick antlered. were guessing about 3.5 years old and over 180lbs. inside spread was 13.5 inches. my dad got a nice buck too and we are both getting them mounted.

the 5 guys hunting in our group incuding me all had bucks by 1:00 p.m. on opening day. mine and dads were the biggest.
ill post pics soon.