HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grandson's first deer is a ten point!
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:51 AM
clydeandpeg

Default Grandson's first deer is a ten point!

Hello,[/align][/align]I've always thought my eight year oldgrandson was special, so I'm not sure if I'm being overly proud, or if you'll agree I have reason to think what he's done recently really IS amazing.[/align]Last month, he took his safety course and aced it on the first try. Then his father took him out deer hunting on youth day. His very first time hunting, his very first shot, he brought down a ten point buck! I couldn't believe it.[/align]The people at the check point ( Gorby's Grocery in Negley, OH) were blown away. People were gathering around the pick up truck, giving him high fives and "way to go's". Several of them told him that they've never gotten a ten point. His daddy and grandfather are included in that group. As a matter of fact, they were in their teens before they got their first deer, and here's Devon, eight years old, bagging a ten point on his first day out![/align]I'm enclosing pictures, so you can see his prize. (and you can see how cute he is. The grandma in me couldn't resist saying that!)[/align][/align]Sincerely,[/align]Peggy Peters[/align]Rogers OH [/align]