HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T.V Hunting turning me into Activest
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T.V Hunting turning me into Activest

I think one of the problems is the approach of volume over quality. Just think about if someone created a tape that was a guy targeting a specific buck in an area, or specific level of buck, and how he approached the hunt. The strategy, the setups, the close calls, the mistakes, the victories. The problem with this approach is that you MAY only get one film. The sales alone of one film won't justify the expense. Two guys couldn't make enough to pay themselves if they did the whole thing themselves. They may be able to get a couple of sponsors but that would probably mean just some free equipment. It's a tough business model. The only way you're going to get that kind of film is if someone does it as a hobby. The other downside to this idea is the risk involved. Look at how many threads we have of guys hunting a specific buck only to find it killed by a car/another hunter/a tree. Where's your video then? That's why these guys go where they can be guaranteed a buck. They need to know they can feed their kids, pay the mortgage, etc this year. If the single hunt concept could take a hold then their might be a chance for some more quality deer. Even the hunts where the deer is killed by someone else would be interesting. Think how many of us have read those threads.