HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - son shoots one full of holes
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:15 AM
DeerWhisperer
Fork Horn

Default RE: son shoots one full of holes

ORIGINAL: muzzleblast525

Wish my kids wanted to hunt. Instead, they want to play computer games, or drink beer and chase women....
Hey muzzleblast, I had the same problem with my oldest son. He just lost intrest in hunting with me. I been taking him since he was 10 and now he is 14. He did not hunt at all last year and told me he would not go this year. This really bothered me. I asked for advice on how to get him interested again and nothing worked. Then i ran into my cousin who i had not seen in quite a few years and his son who was the same age as mine enjoyed hunting very much. I told him about how my son lost intrest in hunting and hehadan idea, Him and his son was going out scouting some land in the upcoming weekend and told me to come along and bring my son. The 2 boys hit it off immediatly.after about 2 days scouting with both our boys he was hooked again. All it took was to have someone his own age to share the experience with. We all been hunting together all year so far and now he looks forward to the next day we can get into the woods again. Which will be the week after thanksgiving.