HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I have not had the best of luck
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:00 AM
kim398pl

Default I have not had the best of luck

Since the season started I have not had the best of luck. The first day, jumped one going to the stand. After that did not see anything till this weekend. Saturday saw several, either they were more than 300 yard away or deep in the woods to here I could not get a shot. This was Sat Evening. That morning, 1 buddy on the club, got a 7-pointer, dad saw 3, but running at full speed and could not get a shot.

So Sunday morning, 1 buddy saw one up the hill, could not shoot. another one shot at one and lost it, another one saw one nad then jumped another. Well we were suppose to go today, but they are caling for 100% of rain with wind of 10-20 mph, we decided we would go yesterday. Well as soon as we puled in the camp, it started raining. Since I have a roof over my stand, Jeff told me to go hunt. Jumped one behind me cimbing into my stand, saw some again over 300 yards, got down and decided to walk, I was wet nad cold. I thought I would walk to the other stand that has the rook, this is hte hot spot this year anyway.

Jumped one who ran right to where Jeff would be hunting...lol, then on the way down to the other stand (i was nt making a nosie, gun on ready_ I jumped 2, I saw one run nad put the gun up, had the white tail of the other in the schope, I have shot like that before, but decided not to, cause with the rain, I knew I owuld haev to have a drop right where it stand shot or we may never find it, so I did not shot.

I tell you what I was so made. I think between all of us we saw over 15 deer this weekend all over the club. The msot we have seen this year. Most of them were being chased by a buck, so we figure pre-rut or the rut is in. Also it seems that the morning is the best to hunt this year, last year it was the evening, but this year most of the deer that are being seen as well as shot is in the morning and at the other stand.

So we do not get to go mornings, due to no babysitter, but since my birthday is friday, we are going, our buddy is lettingme hunt his stand that morning, Jeff will keep the kids at the camp so I can hunt (cause he will go on his birthday). Our budy are seeing big bucks in this area, he has now reached his buck quota, he sees deer everytime in the monring. SO heres to hoping I bag my first buck, big or small, on my birthday. (yes every deer I have ever killed were doe)

Well I had to share my run of luck right now.