HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T.V Hunting turning me into Activest
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
pjhunts
Typical Buck

Default RE: T.V Hunting turning me into Activest

If you really want to be shocked, log on to some of the outfitter websites that they give at the end of the shows and price their hunts. I've seen hunts all the way up to $30,000, where you go pick out the stud that you can afford and they drug him and turn him loose, then they hope he doesn't pass out before the hunter can make his shot. What a joke! How could doing that make anybody proud of themselves. And then there are these slobs like on Penn's woods' show that claim they only shoot mature animals, but you can routinely see them shoot 1 1/2 year old bucks every week. Then they use the excuse that there aren't any better bucks where they hunt. I e-mailed them and asked them about it and they replied very rudely and stated that they could shoot whatever they want and that they never shoot anything younger than 21/2. so I replied and told them that they could quit shooting these babies in the name of a tv show and let them grow as to increase the mature deer pop. I also said that I would rather see an empty tag than see a 1 1/2 yr old (or what they claim is 2 1/2) be killed just so they can have a kill scene for their show. They never replied