HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T.V Hunting turning me into Activest
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 05:12 PM
SKIDMARK

Default RE: T.V Hunting turning me into Activest

ORIGINAL: Trembow

My biggest peeve about "hunting" shows is the blatantly fake "tracking". Just yesterday I saw one where the guy clearly spined the deer as it went down like a ton of bricks in the middle of a field with the arrow sticking straight out up in the air. Cut to the scene when he says "I've got a deer down out here somewhere....let's go find him." What? Does this guy have amnesia and forget the thing is laid out in the open with his fletching standing up in the air like an ice-fishing tip-up flag gone off?

When he gets there, saying "there his is, over there...", the arrow is nowhere to be seen. I always knew these stupid scenes were faked, but COME-ON!
Maybe this explains how the camaraman is usually filming the trackers from the deers location as they "find" it. Now that this post is here people will be looking for stupid things that are done on these videos, like filming the kill shot, the acting is just horrible. Gotta also like how they obviously must make the clicking noise of the safety going off loud enough for the camera to pick up the sound. Also like the footage of the hunter in the blind being filmed from outside at ground level. I'm with the majority here these shows are really starting to annoy anyone who knows what real hunting is. And if anyone believes that most of these shows are fair chase then send 'em my way and we'll see what they could do in the real world without farmers practically telling what time a certain deer will be somewhere.