HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bought the savage 110
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 11:21 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bought the savage 110

I've said this before - I have a Savage 12vss 22-250 with a 8-32x Swift scope and a "stock" sharpshooter trigger set at about 14oz.

At 100 yds, on bags, I can endlessly mickey-mouse holes with factory Rem. Core Lokt ammo. I guarantee you that I have shot a 3-shot group that would be less than 1/4" (one big hole). Now the average is more like 3/8" (a big mickey-mouse, or holes just barely not touching).

Hands down, the most accurate rifle I've ever seen or fired.

This guy isn't exaggerating a bit, those Savage guns are hella-accurate. Mine's ugly as sin and heavy as a tank, but none of my buddies, even with their $1500 custom Rem's will even go to the range with me anymore.

You can call b.s. all you like, but I'll have to agree with sffguitar on this one. I own Rem, Browning, Ruger, Win, WBY and one Savage. As far as fit, feeland finish go, some of the others are much nicer. Most of the triggers on them are junk, they come from the factory set at about 8 pounds, and even after they get back from the gunsmith, they stillcreep and grind, but they do the job fine.

The Savagesaren't the prettiest things, but boy do they shoot. Their new Accu-trigger is the best factory trigger on the market - super crisp, with no risk of slam-fire at exceedingly light pull-weights. If you guys are into guns, and you're looking for a new toy, pick up a cheapo Savage with that Accu-trigger, and go play. You'll see what we mean.