HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ticks on my deer!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 PM
SyPTo
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ticks on my deer!

The taxidermist said he sees it all the time, but when I asked him about lyme disease he said not much has been said mugh about it lately.
freezing at -18 C for a few days or heating it up to over 160 degrees Cwill pretty much get rid of any diseases and virus that are found in the blood/meat..

then again any meat can have some diseases in it...lyme disease is by no means a "Easy" fixer upper, i have had it about 6 years ago and it put me under and out of work for well over 3 months...there's really no "fix" for it in the way of medicine , all they can give you is an antibiotic , and your body has to do the rest, it takes from a few weeks to a few months in some people for the body to start making anti bodies to fight it..i never got antibiotics as i wated a long time before going to the doctor, once i went 9after about 4 weeks) my body already started making a anti-body and the doctor told me the medicine wouldn't really help me at that point.

not sure what exactly lyme disease does to your body , all i know is that you will runa fever for weeks , you slepp about 18-22 hours a day and even the 4 hours you are able to get up you feel like you just worked 20 straight hours.. ooh yeah and your lymph nodes are swollen up the size of golfballs...

don't be alarmed though , very low % of the deer tick actually carry the lyme disease , same as with the west nyle virus..and even a smaller % of bitten people will actually get the disease... it's like the flu...some catch it , some don't..