HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rocky Boots
Thread: Rocky Boots
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:35 PM
MNpurple

Default Rocky Boots

There has been a few posts recently cutting down rocky boots, inluding myself. TodayI got into a lengthy conversation with a knowledgable footwear person at Cabelas. I was looking at boots and commented about how my last couple pair of Rocky's the soles just start falling apart. I told her I used to love those boots but will not touch them now.

She agreed and said that Rocky has had a very bad few years. She said they were trying to keep there prices very very low by cutting costs and it obviously backfired and resulted in inferior products. She said they were using Air injection into their soles (not really sure what this is) but she said they used so much that it took nothing to pop them and their soles would immediatley start falling apart after that. She also said they have started to turn things around and although they still have some poor pairs of boots, the again have started producing some higher quality boots that do hold up.

Thought this was kind of interesting as I always wondered why theirqualitysuddenly became so bad. At any rate, their garbage caused me to switch to Danner and I WIL NOT be switching back.