HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funny Walmart story
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 05:35 PM
mobow

Default RE: Funny Walmart story

Wow. This could be argues even more than the ScentLok yes or no posts......

IMO, a hard core PETA person isn't going to be swayed........ever. They aren't really ever going to be of any help to us. It is the non-hunter, not the ANTI hunter we are making our appeal to.

Now, probably you were just being sarcastic, silly, and just plain goofy, which I suspect anyone that knows you is accustomed to. It's your personality. Hey, I am one of the goofiest people I know. But here's the thing. The other people that are around you when you talk about these things doesn't know that. They percieve you as being disrespectful and arrogant. Truely that gal is entitled to her opinion, as are we. She wasn't disrespectful to you, as best I can tell without having been there. But you certainly were to her, as I see it.

Folks, we have to be a team here. Our sport is dying, and we are the only ones that can stop it. The things we say and do not only affect ourselves, but it affects every hunter that person comes in contact with. I view all hunters as family, so to say, (with some exceptions, of course) and I don't want my actions to have a negative impact on your future endeavors.

I am proud to be a hunter, and EVERYONE I know knows it. I talk it, live it, eat it, breathe it, sleep it. Even when there is no season open, I am educating myself. Now, you may say I am a fanatic, and I agree. But I assure you........The Non-Hunters I come in contact with and know will have no negative feelings toward other hunters because of me. In fact, one gal I work with is a Non-Hunter. But you know what...I must be doing something right because she gave me permission to hunt her farm.

I believe that every person has the right to decide what they agree with and don't, and as long as you don't try to tell me I am wrong for doing what I do, I won't tell you that you are wrong either. Just be respectful, it speaks volumes about you as a person.

(BTW, I really did think the story was quite funny though....just put the bead on the beak, and pull the trigger......LOL>.....that was funny....)