HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funny Walmart story
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Campo

Default RE: Funny Walmart story

In my opinion, your response to her was both untactful and pretty rude, and a poor reflection on the hunting community in general.
See, I look at it this way. She has a right, protected by our government, to think that ducks should not be hunted, which she expressed to you. You have the same right to defend your right to hunt. Here is where, IMHO, you went wrong. She is now going to tell her friends, maybe...maybe not, what happened in that line. But, if she does and they are borderline folk who dont really mind hunting, they are gonna think, "Wow, that guy could have just shrugged it off and gone through the line, done his thing and be done with it" Now, their new point of view might be, "Wow, I bet most hunters are like that, what a rude and inconsiderate thing to do to a person who was just expressing their opinion." Perhaps they might become activists theirselves, based merely on your interaction with this one woman.
Now..you have freedom of speech, as does she, but remember EVERYONE what you do and say to non-hunters can sometimes be turning points in their opinions of us as a whole. We need to work with these people, be kind to them as you would to another hunter, and when they try to get your going, just shrug it off and move on, no need for witty retorts and wisea$$ remarks...
We cant afford to make more enemies...